Here is a nice and very ease recipe to prepare tasty frog legs which are breaded with cornmeal and cracker crumbs, and then fried in oil. This recipe is a great choice when you have friends coming over, since it takes less than half an hour.
Time of preparation and cooking: 25 minutes.
To prepare this recipe for 6 persons you will need the next ingredients:
• 24 frog legs, with removed skin
• 4 oz saltine crackers, crushed into crumbs
• one cup of all-purpose flour
• half a cup of cornmeal
• 1 tsp onion, minced
• 2 tsps salt
• 1 tbsp black pepper, fresh grounded
• two eggs
• half a cup of milk
• two cups of deep frying vegetable oil
• one cup of deep frying peanut oil
Instructions for preparation and cooking:
1. Wash thoroughly the frog legs, dry them with patting; and set them aside. In a large bowl mix the all-purpose flour, cracker crumbs, cornmeal, minced onion, salt and black pepper. To do this you could also use a resealable plastic bag which you will shake to mix all the ingredients. In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
2. Pour in about ½ inch from the bottom of a large frying pan the vegetable and peanut oil and heat it at a medium to high heat.
3. Now it’s time to prepare the frog legs for frying. Take every piece of frog legs and dip it into the mixture with eggs and milk, and then into the mixture with cracker crumbs until they are coated on every side. Be careful when placing the frog legs into the hot oil. Fry them until they get a nice golden brown color on each side, which takes about five minutes per side. If you notice that the frog legs turn brown too fast, reduce the heat to medium.
4. Before serving, drain the frog legs on paper towel.
5. You could use mayonnaise or ketchup with this crispy snack.
They are ideal for watching a football game 🙂