1. Preheat the oven to 175OC.
2. Spread the pecans in a form and toast in the oven about 10-15 minutes or until the nuts are golden brown. Allow them to cool.
Assembling the cake:
1. Take the cheesecake out of the fridge. Place it on a cake stand or on a cake plate. Pick off the edges of the form (let the ground be left if you find it hard to take it off).
2. Pour caramel (as much as you want) over the cake and let it run down over the edges. Allow it to set for a while in the fridge. Meanwhile, you can prepare the chocolate glaze.
1. Chop the chocolate and place it in a bowl.
2. Heat the cream in a pan until it reaches a boiling point.
3. Pour the cream over the chopped chocolate. Wait for 30 seconds, and then stir the mixture until it is glossy and smooth. Allow it to cool.
Assembling the cake, part 2.
1. Take up the cake from the refrigerator
2. Pour chocolate ganache over the cake and let it run down over the edges. Working quickly so that the chocolate does not solidify. Smooth with a spatula if necessary.
3. Decorate with toasted pecans.
The last step in this process is: ENJOY! 🙂