To prepare this meal you need the next ingredients:
- 3/4 kg pork, cut into large pieces
- 3 tomatoes, cut into slices
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 100 g spinach
- 100 g string beans
- 2 horse radishes, sliced
- 3 taro, pealed
- 2 green chili peppers
- 200 g tamarind
- 3 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 liter water
Instructions for preparation and cooking:
- Boil the tamarind in water until the shell stars to cracks. Let it cool and then peal off the shells and using a strainer pour it with the water into a bowl. Carefully massage the tamarind meat off the seeds and strain it
- In a cooking pot, fry shortly the onion with the garlic and then add the tomatoes. Let the ingredients simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat with the fish sauce and then add the water. Cook it until it starts to boil, then simmer it for 15 minutes and add the taro. Simmer the dish for another 15 minutes or until the meat becomes
- Add the horse radish and simmer the dish for ten minutes and then add the string beans, spinach and chili peppers. Let it boil for two minutes and then it’s done.
Instead of tamarind, you can also use any sour seasoning for this recipe.