To prepare this dish, you need the following ingredients:
- 600 grams white beans;
- 1 liter water;
- 1 large onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 3-4 cloves garlic;
- 2 green peppers;
- 250 ml oil for deep frying;
- a little bit of mint (dried or fresh);
- salt and black pepper;
- 1 tablespoon mixture of dried vegetables (not necessary);
- 1 teaspoon paprika.
- If you have planned this dish 1 day earlier, then I recommend that you leave the white beans in a bowl with water overnight. That way, it will cook for a half time sooner than planned J
- In a heavy bottomed pot, place the previously washed white beans. Pour in 1 liter water.
- Chop the onion and add it in the pot.
- Chop the green peppers, the carrot and the garlic and add them to the pot.
- Place the pot on heat to cook for about 45 minutes.
- After that, add some salt and black pepper and 1 tablespoon mixture of dried vegetables (to taste).
- Cook for one more hour on low heat.
- At the end, in a frying pan pour in a little oil and heat it well, and add in it 1 teaspoon paprika. Fry it for about 4-5 seconds and then add the mixture to the beans. Also add the mint and cook for another 5-7 minutes.