With this amount of ingredients you should get 8 servings.
Directions for preparation and cooking:
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius (425°F).
- Drizzle olive oil in a big pan, and heat it over medium high heat. Once the oil is heated enough, add the meat, onion, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to the pan. Fry the beef for about 5 to 7 minutes until it gets brown. Then add the beans, tomatoes and corn. Mix it well to combine everything together. Leave it to cook while you prepare the baking tray.
- Spread evenly a third of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of a medium sized baking tray. Lay the tortillas on the bottom of the tray, slightly overlapping until you cover the tray (this takes about four tortillas).
- Add half of the meat mixture on top of the tortillas and spread it evenly. Place a layer of tortillas on top of the meat mixture. Smear a third of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas. On top of them sprinkle half of the cheese. Over the cheese scatter the green chili peppers. Add the rest of the meat mixture and spread it evenly. Again layer tortillas on top of it. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of tortillas. Decorate the top with scallions and olives.
- Bake the lasagna for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese melts down and the lasagna is warmed through. Take it out of the oven and sprinkle cilantro on top of it.
Serve and enjoy this Mexican-Italian double specialty 🙂
SHARE THIS AMAZING MEXICAN LASAGNA !