6 steps that you need to follow to grow ginger at home
- Soak the ginger root overnight in warm water to get the root ready for planting
- Choose an appropriate pot with draining potting soil
- Put the root with the eye bud pointing up in the pot and make sure that you cover it with one or two inches of soil and then water it well
- Place the pot with the ginger to place where is not cold and where the ginger would not be exposed to direct sunlight
- The soil must stay moist. Use spray bottle to mist it.
- Be patient with the ginger. It takes time to see results. But stick to the procedure and water the pot regularly and keep the pot warm. The results will come.
In the end, we want to present you the way how to harvest ginger if you are interested in that procedure. Some of the parts of the ginger can be harvested 3-4 months, after the previous procedure of growing have started. You need to make space trough the soil at the edges of the pot to find rhizomes beneath the surface of the pot. After this, you have to cut the amount of ginger that you need, and then to return the soil to the edges. This is the way how you can harvest ginger endlessly. But, you have to make sure that you are following all the steps correctly and you are not missing something.