Here is one rather unusual recipe for preparing a squid originating from the Filipino cuisine. Today we will prepare a squid with hot spicy and sweet flavor. We hope you will like it as we did 🙂
To prepare this meal you need the next ingredients:
- 5 pounds squid, backbone removed
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chili pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
Instructions for preparation and cooking:
- Drain the squid in a colander or strainer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Cut every squid into 3 to 4 pieces to make squid rings.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic and pepper. Fry shortlyfor about 2 minutes while constantly tossing or stirring the ingredients to prevent the garlic getting
- Add the sugar with the soy sauce and stir the mixture for two
- Add the squid and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes, until the squid becomes tender, while occasionally stirring. At this stage of cooking, the squid will produce more water.
- As soon as the squid is tender, add the ketchup and stir until it is evenly distributed, while turning off the It’s best to serve this meal while it’s hot!
Prepare yourself for this wild spicy and sweet flavor! 🙂