Coconut is one of my favorite tropical fruits. So I decided to make my family a famous Filipino dessert with rice and coconut. They were totally amazed! 🙂 This was more than enough for me to share this great recipe with you.
To prepare it you need the next ingredients:
- 2 cups of glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup of water
- 4 medium size pandan leaves
- 2 cups of grated coconut
- Half a cup of sugar
- quarter cup of sesame seeds or 1/8 cup of chia seeds, toasted
Instructions for preparation and cooking:
- Boil water in a pot. Add the fresh pandan leaves.
- In a mixing bowl put the rice flour and slowly add water until you reach the desired consistency.
NOTE: The rice dough should hold together and separate cleanly from the mixing bowl.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons and form a ball between your palms.
- Flatten the ball in order to form a patty.
- Poach the flattened patty into the pot with briskly boiling water.
- Boil the balls until they rise and float to the top which usually takes 1 to 3 minutes or longer, depending on their size.
- Scoop them out with a skimmer and drain them off.
- Roll the patties in the grated coconut. Serve them on a serving plate together with mixed sesame or Chia seeds and sugar.
I hope you will enjoy this delicious dessert as we did! 🙂