We have seen plenty of recipes for preparing excellent chicken meat. Today we will show you how to prepare chicken in Filipino way. This is a delicious chicken meal with tamarind soup and tomato sauce. We hope you will like it 🙂
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
To prepare this recipe you need the next ingredients:
- ¼ kilogram chicken leg, cut into pieces
- ¼ kilogram chicken thigh, cut into pieces
- 1 medium size onion, cut into circles
- 1 tablespoon ginger strips
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup green beans (sliced)
- 1 green chili pepper
- 200 grams of banana heart, cut into slices
- 150 grams of cabbage, cut into slices
- 1½ tbsp tamarind soup powder
- 200 grams of tomato sauce
With this amount of the ingredients you should prepare 5 servings.
Instructions for preparation and cooking:
- In a cooking pan fry shortly the onion, ginger and chicken meat in a tablespoon of oil for 5 minutes. Then add the fish sauce, tomato sauce and one cup of water. Cover the pan and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans, chili pepper, and banana heart. Let the meal simmer for another five minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tamarind soup powder, mix it well and add the cabbage to cook.
Enjoy this wonderful Filipino meal! 🙂